Pressure Treated Pine
Why Pressure Treated Pine?
The Pressure Treated Pine that we supply is without a doubt the highest grade PTP that is available today. What we sell is a #1 grade DSS (Dense Select Structural) which is at the top of the list in the Southern Pine Inspection Bureau Standard Grading Rules for Southern Pine Lumber.
Here are the major advantages of Pressure Treated Pine:
#1 DSS (Dense Select Structural) .40 ACQ (Alkaline Copper Quat)
- Cut from a slow grown tree
- Ground contact lumber (meaning that every component of the kit, even the 2x2 top slats, is made with lumber that is designed to be able to be buried in the ground for the life of the lumber without rotting)
- Tighter rings
- Twice the density
- Twice the strength, meaning you can make longer beam and rafter spans between support posts without sagging
- Very few knots
- Very low amount of edge wain. Usually none.
- Not as prone to warping and cracking due to it being cut from a slow grown tree
- This is marine grade lumber for use above the water line
- Safe pressure treatment (does not contain arsenic)
- Insect resistant